Below are the product care instructions for NSA's aluminized thermal garments. These garments offer multi-hazard protection against molten metal and radiant heat exposure. To maintain optimal protection, it is important to launder these garments according to the specific product care instructions.
For thermal and high heat garments that are not aluminized, see our non-aluminized thermal and hight heat protective clothing product care page.
- DO NOT dry clean or machine wash
- DO NOT store garment wet or with any chemical contamination
- DO NOT clean with any compounds containing ammonia chlorine, or other oxidizing or abrasive agents
- Gently wipe clean with soft cloth and mild soap
- Rinse thoroughly
- Dry garment by hanging in well vented, shaded area
*The outershell of these aluminized garments contains a highly reflective surface and it is extremely important this surface is clean so that it may perform at peak efficiency.*
*Wash according to the instructions above to remove any contaminants in order to maintain fabric performance when garment becomes soiled with dirt, greases, oils, etc.*
*If contaminants cannot be removed after laundering, it is best to discontinue use of the garment.*
Check out our array of aluminized thermal and high heat protection. NSA offers full body themral protection with aluminized jackets, pants, hoods, gloves, and more.