National Safety Apparel’s family business is to protect your family working in the toughest industries, helping them get the job done safely and getting home to you, day after day.
We’ve contributed to the fabric of America since our modest beginnings in the midst of the Great Depression.
In 1935, Walter “Wally” Grossman began developing and manufacturing heat and thermal protective apparel for foundry workers, steel pipe manufacturers and welders in his father’s basement in Cleveland, Ohio.
Today we are a fourth generation, family owned business that is proud to manufacture in the USA and serve the toughest members of the workforce with our six FR clothing brands and three safety brands.
We are ISO 9001:2015 certified with design. Our certification allows us to offer product customization and personalization to any of our products, and the ability to develop products to best meet your specific needs and hazards.
Our acquisitions help shape who we are. We continue to grow so we can offer our customers the largest selection of safety products in the industry.
Adding to our high-visibility and FR clothing lines and combining those additions with our cutting-edge manufacturing capabilities has allowed us to provide hi-vis, flash fire and arc flash hazard protection to workers that face these hazards on a larger scale.
We’re proud to manufacture safety apparel to the toughest workers in hazardous industries and even prouder to protect our heroes on the battlefield with high-performance FR. Our commitment to our workforce and their family remains a priority through our acquisitions which aligns with the values of USA, union-made safety apparel.
Innovation isn’t just our tagline. It’s how we define ourselves. With more women entering the workforces in the oil and gas, utility and STEM industries, we’re proud to be able to provide better FR clothing options for women through our acquisition of HauteWork.
NSA is committed to customer satisfaction by providing quality products with responsive service and delivery. We will achieve this by fostering and maintaining a safe, collaborative and positive environment of teamwork, open participation, and continual improvement.
National Safety Apparel’s diverse house of FR clothing and safety brands are all dedicated to one critical mission:
Protecting America’s utility, manufacturing, and steel workers in the field and our armed forces on the battlefield.
- TECGEN® FR – lightweight flame-resistant clothing that includes options for arc flash and flash fire protection
- HYDROlite FR® - hi-vis flame resistant rainwear
- VIZABLE® FR – hi-vis FR clothing
- DRIFIRE® FR – hi-vis, arc flash and flash fire industrial workwear and FR military clothing (found at DRIFIRE.com)
- UnionLine™ FR - USA, union-made FR clothing (found at UnionMadeClothing.com)
- HauteWork® - FR Clothing made for women by women
- Wild Things® - Wild Things is a premium cold weather military clothing brand that perfectly complements our existing DRIFIRE® brand of high-performance flame-resistant base layers, combat uniforms, and flight suits.